Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Are you truly happy?

I still do envy other people’s life at times. A bad habit indeed.

In the beginning,  there is always a need to convince myself that they also have their own problems, that they have deep and dark secrets, that they are putting up a happy face and that they are not as happy as they seem. This thoughts are to console my own insecurity.

Now I look at my own life and just visualize how wonderful my life is comparing to my own life before. Other people’s life are not my benchmark. I have learned that I cannot be someone else but I can be better than I was before. I have realize that I cannot compare my life with others. The triumph, success and wealth are for us to define and evaluate.

I can be rich yet unhappy….but then what is rich anyway?

I can be successful yet unfulfilled….what is being successful means anyway?

I can be popular yet alone…so what is good being popular anyway?

It has occurred to me that if I could just see my life based on my own life, I’d see things differently. If I keep looking over the fence and see what others have, I would never ever be truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment