Sunday, February 14, 2010

Honestly, Truthfully

I have been staring at my computer for a good 2 minutes before I realized that the reason why I am not typing is because I was not able to type if it is not the truth or tell everything truthfully. The truth here is referring to my own feelings, opinions and whatever that I could express in words.

I realized that as we grow older, we become more subtle and downplay our true feelings. At least majority of us do that. There are 1001 reasons why we do it - refuse to be in confrontation, refuse to be known as "difficult", refuse to make a fuss or losing the title "the nice person".

In this day and age, there is a lot to think about - how others feel, how it will impact our jobs
/ our career, losing respect etcetera. We have become less opinionated with topics near to our hearts yet we are very colourful towards criticizing prominent characters, politicians, artiste, the goverment etcetera.

So what should I do? Simple, if I am not willing to tell everything truthfully - do not write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment