Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daughter

Daughter,
As you turn 16,
As you yearn braces for your teeth,
As you beg for a better mobile phone,
As you chat about friends and enemies
I had an awakening
I have a daughter
Evolving into an incredible woman
Struggling slowly to become a butterfly
Righteously in front of me.

Daughter,
Our shared experience through the years
Have taught me a valuable lesson
To always voice my thoughts
To write my happiness
To note sadness
To carve memories
To inscribe pride
To chant my wisdom
To engrave my love
To devote to honesty

With hopefulness
I wish you have realizations
In your lifetime
That all is said and done
Solely because I love you.

Happy 16th birthday!
You are the best in my book!
From Your Mom.

23rd March 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment