Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Remembering Sue...

I stole a stare
at those brown eyes
the straight small nose
the wide smile
perfect imperfect teeth

I listened
to her forgiving voice
careful orchestration of words
tone changes as the story is told
and feelings unfold

I observe
the gestures she made
touches of her hands
convincing me it is alright
and that she will be alright
and that it is really understandable
that I do not remember her

I hugged her with all my heart
Fighting my tears before saying goodbye
Asking for forgiveness
Beating myself up
Wishing I would finally remember her
While she was in my arms
........Nothing..........

And here I am
Still in a haze
with tears streaming down
accepting the truth that I may not recall
those incredible memories with her
accepting the fact that friendship starts here
from this moment onwards...

Insyaallah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment