Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Learn Something New, Discover Something New

I am currently writing my blog in the Microsoft Office OneNote on my shiny Compaq Presario CQ35. Why do I write all these? It sounds intelligent. It is cool. I could update all my recipes, properly filed, colored and automatically saved. No worries.
 

And I discovered it could also store my ramblings and I could actually update my blog from my OneNote to the blog site. How cool is that? Very cool indeed. No big deal for you? It is an achievement for me today!!
 

Many of us are comfortable in the "comfort" zone. Same daily routine, same group of friends, drive the same 20 year old car, wear the same style clothes, have the same hairstyle since high school, wear the same tudung style and nothing out of place or the ordinary. No worries, no surprises, no hassle….just a simple monotonous life. Many of us do not feel comfortable venturing into the unknown, the new and the "out of place" ventures.  
 

I am not that someone.
 

Me being adventurous is solely driven by my yearning to be away from my family. You will read this again and again in my post (I am predicting the future posting trend). Why the yearning to be away? Well I have only posted 3 ramblings…be patient.
 

How adventurous you may wonder? I have been on a roller coaster ride even though I am not medically fit to actually do it. At the age where I could make a good decision because I have a more matured and experienced brain, I decided I'll just take the normal roller coaster ride and the floorless roller coaster. I have a neck problem - specifically between my C5, C6 and C7 neck bones. I do believe the "adventurous" part of my brain just took over. A lovely present waits after - therapy, nausea and a long sick leave. Would I do it again? Just make sure I am not in the visual distance of a roller coaster…I have been to Berjaya Times Square twice and it is tempting to get on that ride. 
 

I have also skied down the expert slope after one lesson on how to ski. I reached the bottom safely with strategically torn pants (and I mean really strategically). You can include stupidity on top of adventurous. But the whole experience was worth it - worth the torn pants humiliation and walking like something was in between my crotch for a week. I thought the whole population of New Brunswick was whispering "torn pants" for weeks.
 

I never did ski ever again….so much for being adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment